Director of Neurosurgery.
Dr. Santosh Prabhu a renowned Neurological and Spinal surgeon, is the Director of Neurological surgery at Western India Institute of Neurosciences (WIINS),based in Kolhapur, India. Dr. Prabhu envisages a future where world class neurocare would be available to people of this region at affordable costs. WIINS is the first step towards this goal.
- Received gold medals in Pharmacology and Surgery and did his M.S. in General Surgery standing first in Nagpur University (1985).
- Super specialized in Neurosurgery from Seth GS Medical collage and KEM hospital, Mumbai, obtaining M.Ch. in 1987.
- Dr. Prabhu has performed over 7500 Neurosurgeries and treated over 20000 head injuries.
- Championed Vim Thalamotomy, an operation for treating Parkinson's disease.
- Performed, the highest number of micro vascular decompression surgeries for Trigeminal neuralgia by a single individual in India.
- A charitable trust has been created at the institute to help the underprivileged.
- Invited by National Institute of Paediatrics, Hanoi University, Vietnam for live neurosurgical
- Recipient of FIE Foundation National Life Time Achievement Award 2007 and of Avishkar Life Time Achievement Award 2008